Sunday, June 5, 2011

Reopened the pharmacy motivated by the customers

元気ですの写真



















(by Mr. Takanori Sase, 52 years old, Store Manager, Sase Taiyodo Pharmacy at Asahi City, Chiba Prefecture)

I resumed my business after the Golden Week (long holidays in Japan). I quickly ran up to the second floor when the disaster hit our home. When the muddy stream of 2 meters high filled the first floor, I just could not believe what I saw.

News reports are naturally focused on the Tohoku area that received severe damages, but Chiba Prefecture suffered terrible damages as well. They are still working hard to demolish the damaged buildings and remove debris.

The shop area on the first floor was completely destroyed, and I was dejected by the sight, but when the customers came to ask for their medication after the earthquake disaster, I realized that I need to open the pharmacy to help them. I distributed fliers through newspapers on May 16, and I am getting back the customers little by little.

There are some who come from the evacuation centers, or temporary housings. There are many aged people who are on medications. I encourage myself to be positive even for the sake of the customers. (Picture taken by Mr. Kei Yokoyama)

Nikkan Sports, May 25, 2011
http://photos.nikkansports.com/general/genki/archives/20110525_16922.html

Translated by Makiko Tajima Asano

No comments:

Post a Comment