Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Back in business to serve the community without any thought of making profit

an evacuee at the Mizuhama Nursery School, Ogatsu, Ishinomaki-City, Miyagi Pref.) I’ve resumed my business at the gas station by using manual pumping system. I provide the gas to the emergency vehicle only because there is not enough gas for everyone.  I am not thinking about the profit at all. I have been doing this business for so long in this community.  It is unforgivable to sell the gas at higher price according to the demand under this circumstances. I cannot even think about it.
(By Mr. Yoshikatsu Ito, 

From NHK website "Those Affected by the Disaster: What I want to tell you now" on March 28, 2011
The fourth photo from the top on the site is Mr. Ito.

No comments:

Post a Comment