Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cannot sit back and depressed, beach will come alive again

(By Mr. Susumu Ito, an evacuee at the Mizuhama Nursery School, Ogatsu, Ishinomaki-City, Miyagi Pref.)
I’d like the clean-up operation to start as soon as possible at the sea. Also the investigation of the seabed needs immediate attention to bring back the vigorous ocean life. I’d like to start fishing even tomorrow! The beach will come alive, I’m sure.  This area is a treasure-trove for marine products. We need to restore the energy and the vigor of the coastal area so that we can pass it on to the younger generations.  I cannot just sit back and feel depressed.
 
From NHK website "Those Affected by the Disaster: What I want to tell you now" on March 28, 2011

The third photo from the top on the site is Mr. Ito.

No comments:

Post a Comment