Thursday, March 31, 2011

No phone, don't remember parents' number, no way to contact my family


( Mr. Fukutaro Furukawa, an evacuee at Watari High School, Watari-Cho, Miyagi Pref.)

To my nephews, Nobuo and Nobuko in Aomori. My parents’ home is in Rokkasho-village, Aomori and I cannot reach anybody there because I don’t have a telephone. I left my cell phone at home and it was washed away by tsunami.  So I can’t call them.  I don’t remember their phone number, either. 

Nobuo and Nobuko, I am well, working hard under difficult circumstances at the shelter. 

From NHK website "Those Affected by the Disaster: What I want to tell you now" on March 29, 2011
(http://www.nhk.or.jp/dengon/photo/index24.html
The sixth photo from the top on the site is Mr. Furukawa.




No comments:

Post a Comment