Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My boy is due soon and his name is Ten (meaning "dream in the sky")!


(by Yosuke Oikawa, at JICA Nihonmatsu in Nihonmatsu City, Fukushima Prefecture)
I can tell that I won’t be able to go back to my house for a few years or decades.  There were more than 10,000 pigs at the hog farm I had been working at though there’s nothing we can do about it now.  It’s located within the radius of 10 km from the nuclear power plant.  I retired from the farm after the earthquake and have been out of work since then.  However, we now live in a good evacuation center and receive enough relief supplies and I am really greatful for that.  Our fourth child is due soon, a boy.  Although this might not be the perfect time, I hope he will come out healthy and be cheerful.  His name is already decided.  It’s Ten (meaning “dream in the sky”)      
Asahi Shimbun, April 5, 2011, "Disaster Victims' Voice"
Translated by Takako Takata

No comments:

Post a Comment