Friday, April 8, 2011

My house was safe, but I am staying at the shelter to help others

(by Mr. Hironori Muto (17), Senior at Yamada Senior High School, Yamada-cho, Iwate Prefecture at Yamada Minami Elementary School, Yamada-cho, Iwate Prefecture)
My house did not suffer any damage, but my grandfather at a nursing home died. I know that they are short of help, so I am staying at this evacuation center from the very next day of the earthquake and help the cleaning and the delivery of the relief goods. My hometown was utterly destroyed, but the children at the evacuation center are very cheerful and encouraging to the people around; I am receiving the courage and power from them. I’d like to get a job to help reconstruct this town in the future.

Article by Asahi Shimbun, April8, 2011
Translated by Makiko Tajima Asano

No comments:

Post a Comment