Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Agony over the nuclear power plant accident

(by Mr. Mitsuaki Watanabe (58), Naraha-machi, Fukushima Prefecture, at Niigata City)

Due to the accident at the nuclear power plant, the family grave of generations was torn, and so were the family ties that we lived close together. My hometown is now polluted and I will never be able to go back. We never know when the earthquake will occur. In order not to repeat the accidents in Fukushima, it is better to stop the operation at Hamaoka Nuclear Power Plant until the safety is confirmed. I decided to live in Niigata City, and I signed an apartment contract. I am moving there from this evacuation center sometime this month. I am starting over at the new place.


Niigata Nippo, Voices of the evacuees in Niigata Prefecture ~ Victims of Great East Japan Earthquake Who Evacuated to Niigata Prefecture 



Translated by Makiko Tajima Asano

No comments:

Post a Comment