Friday, May 27, 2011

Unclear future prospect and unsettled nuclear issue makes me feel insecure

(by Mr. Koji Endo (40) from Minami Souma City, now in Sado City)
As my work place is located within 3 kilometers from the Fukushima No.1 Nuclear Power Plant, I am not able to go to work. The life without the future prospect really makes me feel insecure. My house is located within 30 kilometers radius of the nuclear power plant. I hesitate to go back considering the future of my son who is 11 years old. He is getting used to the elementary school here, but says sometimes that he wants to go back. I have a mixed feeling as a parent. We could live a normal life only if there were no issue of nuclear power plant. I’d like the government to make it clear as soon as possible if the compensation will include the expected income during the period that I cannot work.

Niigatqa Nippo, Voices of Evacuees in the prefecture, May 25th, 2011
http://www.niigata-nippo.co.jp/news/subgenre/51/23345.html

Translated by Makiko Tajima Asano

No comments:

Post a Comment