Sunday, April 10, 2011

Worried about the affects of nuclear plant accidents

(by Ms. Nobuko Terashima, evacuee from Isobe area, at General Welfare Center in Souma City, Fukushima Prefecture)



My husband and I were running octopus fishery. All the house and boats were completely washed away. There is nothing left at Seriyachi area now. I am worried about the great affects when we will not be able to sell any fish or vegetable because of the events at the nuclear plants. I earnestly wish we could catch fish to supply them to the people again.


(to Ms. Mizue and Fumie Sakakibara in Sendai City)
Dear Mizue and Fumie,
I heard that you called my home in Isobe so many times worrying about me. Thank you so much. Please be relieved that I am doing fine. I’d like to talk to you when I restore my life sometime. But I am managing my life like this right now. Please take care of yourselves and live well. 


Victims’ Voice aired on NHK, April 7, 2011
Translated by Makiko Tajima Asano

No comments:

Post a Comment