Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Being a nurse, I am grateful I can be useful in the time like this

(by Ms. Shigeko Hirayama,  45 years old, Nurse , Ofunato-cho, Ofunato-shi, Iwate Pref. (Ofunato-shi, Ofunato Junior High School gymnasium)
I am checking the blood pressure for the people at the evacuation center, and assist the doctors who visit here. I suffered a great loss, but I am grateful that I can be useful at the time of disaster like this. I have a daughter who will start a senior high school life, and a son junior high school. They’ve started to show the sign of exhaustion; that worries me. I hope that we will be able to move to some place so that we can live in better condition.


Asahi Shimbun, April 4, 2011, "Disaster Victims' Voice"
Translated by Makiko Tajima Asano

No comments:

Post a Comment