Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tsunami's Gushing Water Filled My House within Minutes

(by Mr. Kenji Murakami, evacuee at the Goishi District Community Center, Massaki-cho, Ofunato, Iwate Prefecture)
Standing at the back door, it happened in a flash. The gushing water filled my house within a minutes. I began to swim. I swallowed water. That dirty water full of debris got into my lungs. Now, I can't catch my breath when I walk, and my voice is raspy. When I finally made my way here, people made a big fuss, saying, “We're so glad, We're so glad.” I thought, “Hey, what’s the big deal?” Then I found out that I had been listed as “Missing.” Well, it’s just all a little too overwhelming.



Mr. Kenji Murakami





From NHK website "Those Affected by the Disaster: What I want to tell you now" on April 4, 2011






No comments:

Post a Comment